After analyzing the data, a lot of insights have been generated.
- Atlanta is the one of the most busiest airport.
- Delta Airlines has highest frequency on Atlanta Aiport.
- 2018 was the year of with maximum delays and cancellations.
- The most unreliable month in 2018 i.e. with maximum delays and calcellation was March.
- Most of the delays and cancellations whether in 2018 specifically or in time span (2009-2018) were due to three major reasons:
- Airline/Carrier Issues
- National Air System
These insights might help governments, airport authorities, airline organizations, or third party businesses like advertising agencies to make smart decisions while providing services to customers.
- Government- The government could choose locations with the least delays and cancellation to build the busiest airport in their country.
- Airport Authorities - With more footfall on such airports, airport authorities could generate more revenue allowing more and more airlines willing to land their flights at such a big airport.
- Advertising Agencies- On locations with most delays on airports with humongous/ mammoth footfall, advertising agencies could generate more revenue by throwing ads to customers while customers are waiting for their flights.
The weather data for each of the major airports could be obtained and combined with the existing datasets.
With the new dataset, one could determine the exact weather conditions that resulted in delay/cancalltions like Rain, Fog, etc.